Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Another (mostly pictures) update

After Nico got to play with the yummy cake that the fabulous Emma made for him, life in the Banderas's household continues on, beautifully.
Loving the blue frosting!
Don't get me wrong - we have our fair share of downs to go with the ups, but I guess it's all part of life with a 14-month old.

Nico continues to be a fantastic eater. He definitely has days when he doesn't eat much or chooses not to eat certain things, but in general, there is nothing that he doesn't like. He especially loves weekend breakfasts, when I try to make something special, like scones or a Dutch baby.
Chocolate lips <3
Though I have to give him credit, as he has recently develop more of an interest in what we're doing in the kitchen and always wants to help or at least watch. With this in mind, last weekend we purchased a (used) learning tower, and I'm looking forward to having a little helper in the kitchen.
Future baker
Now that Nico's walking, doing the drunken-sailor walk, and running around, we are constantly on the move. Exploring and playing all the time. And as the weather gets nicer, spending more and more time outside, playing in the yard, going for walks, and going to the Pioneer park playground.
Trains
Not tall enough to pedal yet, but it's still fun to be pushed around in his new tricycle.
He LOVES the big slide on the playground
In the midst of all this constant change and growth, he continues to be a sweet gentle boy who likes to cuddle and give hugs and (open-mouthed) kisses. He is still nursing a couple of times a day (usually in the morning when he first wakes up and in the evening before going to sleep), which makes me very happy, since I'm not ready to be done.
Giving daddy kisses.
Grandma Diana is visiting right now for a couple of weeks. It's nice to have the help of an additional adult in the house. But more importantly, I love that Nico's getting some quality grandparent time... something that is not always easy when we live so far away from most of our family. And maybe Matt & I can take advantage of her visit and have a couple of date nights... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment