Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Due date

I am officially 40 weeks today and I continue to be torn, like I have been over the last few weeks, between wanting to have this baby and never wanting this pregnancy to end.

I love, love, love being pregnant. For a while I actually felt guilty about this, as a result of so many comments from people telling me that I'm so "lucky" and that I have it so "easy"... but a while back I decided to let of go that guilt, and just enjoy this time in life. And why shouldn't I? It is truly an amazing experience to get to grow a tiny little human inside of you, to see and feel your body change through the weeks, to feel them move inside you, and to feel your body get ready for them to come out. Sure, I didn't have morning sickness or swollen feet, but that doesn't mean that everything has been easy about this pregnancy... I just choose to not focus on the difficult parts (like those weeks when I could barely walk without wanting to cry because my hips hurt so much), and rather take this very limited time to enjoy this unique phase with my babies.

This last few weeks especially, I have truly enjoyed just sitting sometimes and feeling her move. Beyond the craziness of knowing that my body can grow this little person inside of me, it continues to blow me away every time that I feel her move, because - how crazy is that? And she moves all the time. And knowing that this is the last time that I'm going to feel this, I want to enjoy and cherish every second of it (even when it means taking a kick to the ribs!).
36 weeks
At the same time, she's been in there for 40 weeks now and I can't wait to meet her. This morning, the first think Nico said to me was "Why isn't baby sister out yet?" and I realized that for the poor little guy, we've been talking about this baby sister for months, and yet there's no baby yet, and it's probably very confusing. But I feel the same way some days too... When is she going to be ready?
38 weeks
And in my eagerness to meet her I'm trying to focus on that - on when she will be ready. I know we are all ready for her, or as ready as we're going to be, and now we just need to let her come in her own time.
Cheering for Ecuador during the World Cup
And I'm also taking this time to spend as much time as possible with my Nico because I know when Jellybean comes it'll be harder for me (at least at first) to focus too much on him. And it's interesting to realize how much he senses that - how he seems to want extra cuddles with me, or to have an extra story with me - not that I'm complaining :)
After getting past the fact that they're very cold, he's decided ice creams are okay :)

1 comment:

  1. And you look so beautiful when pregnant! Radiant!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete