Friday, January 17, 2014

Breakfast with my boy

And, we're back!

Right before Christmas we finally moved Nico to a big boy bed in preparation for needing the crib for Baby #2 this summer (more on that later). I was a little bit apprehensive about he move which is why we waited until break when both Matt & I were going to be home for a few days. But apparently there was nothing for me to worry about - Nico absolutely loves his new bed and we haven't had any sleeping issues since the switch.


It's actually been so good, that he started sleeping in longer than he was before. I have to pinch myself every time I say this, but he goes to bed around 8:30pm and gets up right before 8am the next morning. 


This has worked out really well with our schedules since that's the time that I'm done getting ready for work and Matt is headed out the door. So Nico gets to see daddy for a few minutes before he leaves, and then we have a pretty nice morning routine - sitting on the potty (it's a work in progress), getting dressed, and having breakfast.

Say "cheeeeese"
I love our morning breakfasts. Now that we have an established routine, it has become a quiet time that I get to enjoy with my boy. The last few weeks he's been trying out being picky during meals, but breakfast foods he just loves and will eat whatever I make for him (he particularly loves scramble eggs with toast right now).
Yum-Yum
Some morning, when we have a little bit of extra time, we call Aba and she joins us for breakfast which is always a treat for Nico and for Aba. He loves blowing her kisses and telling her about the dogs and trucks.
Hola Aba!
Once we are done with breakfast Nico gets to play for a few minutes while I clean up and then we are out the door! It's nice to be on a more regular pace and not feel as rushed and frantic as I was just a few months ago. It's not always perfect, but it's definitely gotten better.

1 comment: